halloween is coming and we are all excited but remember not to be racist as hell this year please
(via milesjai)Source: paxamgays
things i learned in ancient greek art today:
- Achilles had a gay lover
- Zeus had a boy toy that he thought was pretty so he snatched him up and made him into his wine bitch and kept him under his throne on olympus always
- there was a woman who wanted to be a man so Poseidon changed her sex and then made him impervious to metal weapons to boot
- They made Aphrodite marry a lame and ugly guy and to retaliate she slept with everyone, but mostly Ares.
sounds like high school
(via citaly)Source: aavec
I drew madokasharks for shark week.
Sayaka is a thresher shark
Kyouko is a speartooth shark
Homu is a reef shark
Mami is a hammerhead
Madoka is a nurse shark
but later she becomes a whale shark
and QB of course is a remora.
happy shark week
(via agirlandhernightfury)Source: supahbeefcakes
So you want to write about a character with cancer, but you don’t have it yourself (thank God), and you don’t know where to start. It’s been said that writers should write what they know, but this advice is limiting and outdated. With a whole world of information out there, there’s no reason you shouldn’t write the character you want. However, do keep in mind that cancer is a huge issue in the U.S. right now, and not something most people will take lightly; remember to be respectful, but most importantly, to be accurate and authentic. I hope some of these resources will help.
- Cancers in Young Women
- Cancers that Affect People 19-24
- Most Common Types of Childhood Cancer
- All About Leukemia
- Understanding Breast Cancer
- All About Skin Cancer
- What Are Tumors?
- Brain Cancers and Brain TumorsDifferent Treatments
- Types of Cancer Treatment
- Understanding Radiation Therapy
- Uses, Side-Effects and Types of Chemotherapy
- Physically Removing the Cancer: Surgery
- If Your Loved One Refuses Cancer TreatmentRecovery
The “other” section is particularly important; it’s easy to get caught up in the physical limitations of cancer, but the way it makes your character feel mentally is just as important. Don’t forget about their psychological state during these trying times.
(via alphamanda)Source: ancwritingresources